The exhibition private viewing went rather smoothly, with no mishaps. Putting the exhibit up was pretty stress free too, everyone chipped in and helped get their work up ready, and make the place look presentable.
I have three collograph prints on display, two A5 ones in one frame, and one A4 one in a frame by itself. I managed to make some handmade business cards to match my work the night before, creating some stamps for the social media logos and the design on the back. I also have my collection of brooches and decorative keys on display, to illustrate where the original ideas originated from in my work.
I am quite happy with the final work I managed to create for this exhibit, my favorite print being the large one to the left. With this one I think I managed to get the ink consistency just right, the others have a bit too much, but in a way it makes them look kind of atmospheric. I will eventually improve my technique with practice, I am making a mental note to get myself in to the print room and create more work, even just to experiment.
I have some work in this exhibit, it’ll be on from a week starting next Tuesday at De Koffie Pot in Hereford. All the work is inspired by each of our own collections, and mines is based off some brooches and keys I have. The poster was created by all of us as a big drawing, Nicholas did a great job of stitching it all together to create this beautiful poster. Hopefully you can come by and see all of our work 🙂
Last Thursday we as a class were prompted to start thinking about preparing for our exhibition in May for our Collections module. Our tutor gathered some equipment; a large roll of paper, paint brushes, black acrylic and charcoal. After some discussion of what to do we got caught up in somehow illustrating the name of the exhibition “Collections” as a collection, displaying the letters as objects on shelves. Each of us were given a letter or two to illustrate and we mostly just went for it, trying not to worry too much how it turns out.
We had two attempts at the poster, the first was just a rough mock up and the second was an attempt at a completed looking image. Our tutor Nicholas has been kind enough to take pictures of the posters we created and is currently stitching together a rough mock up.
We had a little exhibition showcasing year one, two and threes illustration work. It included something from everyone, everyone chose one piece of work that they had done and included it in the exhibition. On the table in the center of the room is our book arts books (from us second years). The opening night went really well and lots of people turned up, hopefully everything will go just as well with our next exhibition in May.